>Let's probe the muddy bottom of this crystal clear vision. Who is the
>superior pilot? The guy laying down tickling the bottoms of the clouds for
>10 minutes, or the guy dancing on the treetops for 10 minutes?

I guess in a duration contest the score is the same, although one pilot had
to work a heck of a lot less.  I guess that is a reason we need a landing
task to settle that question?  8-))

In a accumulated altitude contest the guy tickling the clouds obviously
found the big air and worked it for altitude, which will then allow him to
range and reacquire, so he is going to be rewarded more.

Jim
Downers Grove, IL
Member of the Chicago SOAR club,  AMA 592537    LSF 7560 Level III
ICQ 6997780    R/C Soaring Page at www.jimbacus.net