All the servos out there have some sort of problem.   The gears
get sloppy really fast, the idler shafts bend really easy, they need
to re-centered in different temps, the range of movement varies
dramatically from identical servos, the detents blow out of the
case top, they just stop working, some are DOA, service sucks,
replacements parts are unavailable,  ........ and on.

I have used and still use Multiplex, Volz, JR and Hitec servos.
They all have problems, but with careful selection they can all
work well in appropriate applications.

Gordy, you can add Volz servos to the current F3F American
record.  I use Wingmaxx in the ailerons and HS 225 in the rest.

Multiplex flap servos were used in Tom's Mojo for the DS speed
record (186 mph) and Wingmaxx for the ailerons.  I think Reese
(186 mph)  was using Jr 368's.  I believe Hewett (183 mph) was
using 141's.  I flew a smaller plane to 168 mph using hs 85mg's.
It is all over the board.

Beyond the original purchase price and the durability of the servo
you must consider the repair service. Gordy's service for Volz is
top notch.  Hitec's service is good.  Jr service is good.

My two cents,

Craig Toutolmin