Maybe I'm miss understanding and I hope someone can clarify.  It sounds like because of the slope combat incident and now Torrey Pines that AMA does not cover most standard glider sites.  If my assumption is correct, that most glider sites do not and can not comply with present rules and guidelines pertaining to sanctioned AMA flight, then changes must be made in those rules and guidelines and those changes must be made as soon as possible.  How terrible it would be for an individual or a club to have a major incident and find out, because of the present rules, there is no coverage.  Foot dragging in a case like this, by AMA officials, could cause devastating loss to any of us.

By the way I'm going flying tomorrow at our AMA club sanctioned site but am I really covered?
Maurice