You see this all the time with Hobie Hawks after a
wing rod bend and it galls trying to remove it. I
usually fix mine by drilling out the old rod and then
drilling the aluminum tube so a brass tube of the
right size can be glued in the tube. This allows the
aluminum wing rod to be removed with no problems. This
is why you find most bushings and solid bearings to be
a soft material while the part inside them will be
hard. Whoever designed sex must have been a materials
engineer since they got the concept right. I hate
galling.

Mark
http://www.isthmusmodels.com