--- Harley Michaelis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me the probability of 6 random events taking place in
> specific order? Is it 1 in 6 x 5 x 4 x 3 x 2? (1 in 720) or does some
> other
> formula apply?

Harley,

You can arrange the letters ABCDEF in 6! = 720 different orders. If the
question is what is the probability of 6 independent events taking
place in a certain order, the answer you give above is correct. Say you
have 6 socks in a drawer: yellow, red, blue, green, white and orange.
You reach in blindfolded and draw them out randomly, one at a time. The
probability that they'll come out in the order quoted (YRBGWO) is
1/720.