I asked a servo travel question recently, namely
"Is there a standard total travel, in degrees of
rotation, for servos being driven by a
non-computer radio, or a computer radio with
travel set on default (100%)"

Thanks to all those who replied.
Unfortunately, the replies were all over the
place, from only 60 deg. total travel to 120 deg.

Given that, I decided to try a pragmatic
experiment. I used my mid-range 6channel JR
computer radio, where the default untweaked travel
settings all read 100%, and a long carbon pointer
secured to my servo arm, and a fairly accurate
protractor. Reciever was also JR, servo was a
MX-30 sub micro. I got the following results:

Aileron Channel 100% travel setting  = 77 deg.
total travel
Throttle Channel 100% travel setting = 98 deg.
total travel
Elevator Channel 100% travel setting = 80 deg.
total travel
Rudder Channel 100% travel setting   = 60 deg.
total travel

Does it make sense to anyone here that JR would
program in default 'opinions' about how far each
type of servo should be driven at 100%?

The ones I care most about for Aileron and
Elevator are at close to 80 deg. each. Any idea
how standard that is throughout brands, Hitec,
etc.?

Anyone willing to try it for a Hitec system?

Any other insights, anyone?

Lift,
Scobie in Seattle