> airplanes. Any suggestions as far as what should go where???

The one thing I lack in my workshop is height. Sailplanes are big -- long
wing halves, long fuses -- and its all to easy to hit the ceiling (or worse,
the ceiling fan) with them. Its difficult working on a 3meter in my workshop
even though its 10*14.

The most important tool in my workshop is a small hand vac. I try to get
dust and wood chips before they get everywhere. I don't try to do serious
sanding indoors, maybe a purpose built dust extractor would make it
feasible. (But I live in SoCal so I've got the outdoors for 300+ days a
year)

The most important thing in my workshop is space. Its also the most
difficult to keep. I find that my wife tends to put anything in there that
is associated with me, however vaguely, no matter how irrellevant to
building planes. I think I need a second "decoy" workshop. I definitely need
a more convenient storage area, one adjacent to the workshop. Storing planes
in the workshop clutters it up and risks damaging them.

Martin Usher