Ed Berris wrote:
All you need to start bagging is the bagging material and some vinyl hose to hook between your pump and bag. Available at Home Depot or any hardware store for about $.10 per foot.
On the subject of cheap vacuum bagging ...

The vinyl hose I was using couldn't take 30" vacuum, especially
when heated.  I recently bought an airtool hose:  1/4 I.D. with
two 1/16 walls of what looks like rubber interior and PVC exterior,
so 1/2 O.D., with nylon braid between the layers.  Tough as nails.
I cut it in half, and use the installed fittings.  Larger lengths
were even less expensive than the 15 footer I bought for about
$11 CDN (about $7 USD).

Still using plastic drop cloth material for the bag, though I've
moved to a lighter gauge.  Comes in 10 x 25 foot rolls.  One roll
lasts seemingly forever.  Great for covering plans too.

Thanks to "Junkyard Wars" inspiring me, I now use my covering iron
to seal the bag airtight.  Just use enough heat to make the plastic
melt without any shrinkage (about 275F for the stuff I use).  It
doesn't melt too much if I let the iron sit an indefinite amount of
time, and even if too hot, the melted plastic doesn't stick to the
iron's Teflon shoe.  I use the edge of the iron to create about a
1/8 inch seal around the bag, then use the flat of the iron to seal
a shoe width of the bag border.

--
Andrew E. Mileski
Ottawa, Canada

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.