Actually, this works well below best glide airspeed, but above that and it's easier to
do the opposite.  For example, an ILS flown at 80 kts is easier to maintain the
glideslope with power and maintain speed with elevator.  Fly the same approach at 130
knots and elevator controls the slope and power controls speed.  This is one reason I
like to fly fast approaches.  It's easier.

-Ben