Hi All, just passing along some intel I received on a post I made to the
Exchange. Rich

You can use the Flap Trim function in the advanced programming menu to assign
camber to one of the knobs or sliders (or maybe even a switch, can't recall).
You can also use one of the 7 free mixes if you just want to offset the flaps
by a set amount. Set the master to Offset and the slave to flaps. For a 4+
servo wing you need to set LINK to ON so that your ailerons will also camber
(this assumes you've set up flap to aileron mixing). Then just adjust the
amount of offset to your liking so that when you flip the switch the surfaces
drop to where you want them.
I highly recommend you use one of the side sliders for camber though. At
least until you get a feel for how much you need in flight. The PMix is tough
to play with in flight, and using a slider is much easier to program.
One drawback of the 9C is the dreaded "flip a switch for butterfly". The
butterfly programming is very robust, but you still have to remember to flip
that switch before landing if in glider mode (for some reason aerobatic mode
doesn't require this and can be set by throttle position). You can leave the
butterfly always on like I do. It won't hurt affect anything except your
trims. When in butterfly mode your elevator trim adjusts elevator to flap
compensation and your aileron trim adjusts flap1 vs flap2 position. A bit of
a pain but sure beats hitting whatever's behind the landing area.

Nathan Griffith
Mechanical Engineer
SpectRx Inc.
www.spectrx.com