--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Mike Garton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The abundance of CL in Model Aviation can be explained.
> Content editor, Bob Hunt, is a hardcore CL guy.
> The unbalanced space allotments bother me.
> I have exchanged emails with Bob and he honestly
> believes that CL is at least as popular as soaring.
> From the NATS issue, you would guess that CL is
> 5 times more popular than soaring.
>
> In August Bob Hunt sent a letter to the columnists
> stating that column space and frequency were being
> changed...
<snips>

This _is_ somewhat distressing.  But from my perspective, AMA has
gotten into an "arbitrary and capricious mode" that does not seem to
represent me or anyone I fly with.  I'm continue my AMA membership
simply because it is a prerequisite to membership in local clubs and
it does generally represent model aviation.  The organization that
supports my interest is LSF and I'll continue to support it.

I'd suggest that folks write Bob Hunt about the unbalanced content,
but I suspect that would be an exercise in futility.

--Bill Harris
LSF#7652

AMA 607983 and embarrassed.