In a message dated 11/18/02 2:37:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 I've got some 3M book tape I'm using for hinging flaps & ailerons; 3M #845 I
 think.  The tape seems perfect except the part where it's 2" wide, and I
 need some about 3/4" wide for inside the joint; the other 1-1/4 can be used
 on the flat side.

The tape on the inside of the hinge may be overkill. Unless there is extreme
pressure, such as dynamic soaring you will probable not need the 2nd strip of
tape. If you must strip, use a Master Airscrew balsa stripper. Adjust the
stripper to it's widest setting and lay the side you usually place against
the balsa against the tape. Now turn the tape and cut into the pate as far as
you need to get the amount of tape needed for the job. If you are using the
tape just for hinges, the larger side should be about right for most hinging
duties. Hope this helps. Rich