Interesting stuff here Jason - thanks. Many years ago I was an automotive painter, sometimes using Imron and occasionally a respirator. If they had suits to wear I never heard of them. Maybe that explains why I only made it to structural engineer and not to aeronautical. Have you any idea what long term symptoms may be for unfiltered Imron use?

RVC

Imron type of paints, along with 2 part LPUs cure by chemical and mechanical
bonds.  The particle size is extremely small, and flows really well.  The
reducer is combined with a small amount of Isocyanide harder and mixed to
the pigment for Imron/PPG/Acrylic Enamels, and LPUS are a 2 part
harder/pigment as well.  Extremely small/thin layer, great coverage, etc.
DANGEROUS.  This stuff is soo small and the reducer is REALLY bad because it
takes the isocyanide with it as it evaporates.  So you get a bad vapor that
is not filtered by any mask.  Can be absorbed by the skin, etc.  You
/can/will die if exposed directly, and many get very sick just handling the
stuff.  Sanding, etc can create noxious gas as well!  Fresh air respirator
is minumum protection.  Positive pressure suit is reccomended.  In some
states it is illegal even to buy it if you are not a shop with the right EPA
certified filters.
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.