I don't think you will have any problem at all with the thicker wing skins.
The wing will be stiff and stronger and may even fly better. The little bit
of extra weight wont hurt, it will just make your plane a little faster.
Most slopers end up flying with extra ballast anyway. The extra airfoil
thickness is pretty negligible too. I doubt you would see a difference in
airfoil performance.

I like to use Dave Brown's Southern Sourgum for sheeting foam cores. It
makes a very strong bond that will never delaminate. I have also used wing
sheeting tape quite a few times. Its kinda like double sided tape, except
there is no film, just the glue. I've never had a delam with sheeting tape
either.

I did try 3m77 once. (Old type.) I noticed the sheeting lifting off the
cores a little around the edges after I took the wing out from under the
weights I used to press on the sheeting. When using weights, and not vacuum,
there tends to be less pressure out at the edge of the wing. Using vacuum,
that probably wont happen. In my case I put a little carpenters glue under
the edges and the wing was fine. I flew that wing for years without a
problem.

Weldwood contact cement works well too. It's a lot like the Sourgum. Brush
it onto the core and the sheeting and let it dry, then attach the wing
sheeting. Very aggressive bond.

Good luck!!