> From: "Scobie Puchtler or Sarah Felstiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "RCSE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Radio 'Channel' help
>
> Howdy, Scobie here,
>
> I'm wondering how much standardization there is in
> radio systems in terms of channel assignments from
> Transmitters to RX's.
Unless you're one of those of us lucky enough to own a multiplex 3030 or
4000, you're stuck with whatever the manufacturers of the TX decide is
suitable.
The good news is that the rx has nothing to do with it, with the
possible proviso that I've heard of some rx's that give you ch 1,2,4,5,7
or something like that in an effort to be helpful. The tricky part comes
when you want to use a four ch rx in a model and get R, E, left Ail,
right Ail and your Tx requires the two ail to be on ch 2&5 or 4&7 etc.
Without the MPX approach or some tricky mixing you're well screwed.

So, in general, the channels out from any rx will be in the same order
as the tx and by implication the same as the rx the manufacturer would
have supplied. Just occasionally it's different.

tim
--
Tim Rowledge, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
If God had intended Man to program, we would be born with serial I/O ports.