From: GHANSON [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 12:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [RCSE] Airport Baggage Inspection

Just went through the airport at Orlando yesterday.  ALL luggage was
screened just before being presented to the airlines at the counter for
check in.  TSA had LOTS of inspection stations and there was no holdup
whatsoever.  Each bag was screened by swabbing a small wipe on the handle
and along the outside of each bag.  The wipe was then immediately analyzed
in the "wiper analysis machine" and baggage was then cleared.  I witnessed
no bags being opened although each passenger was standing by just in case.
They would have allowed you to unlock your bag then relock if necessary.
They seemed well-trained, professional, and courteous.

I'm sure all airports are different but it is an easy matter to clear
baggage at Orlando!

Good luck!
Garland