At this months Ottawa Remote Control Club (ORCC) meeting, foam cutting
was the topic.  Both traditional bow and CNC methods were demonstrated.

The CNC machine was assembled over Christmas.  Quite elegant in that
it had super simplistic design that solved the problems one encounters
in putting such a machine together, but without resorting to metal
work whcih he wasn't good at.  I'll let everyone know when the
Power Point presentation shown along with the demo is available online,
as it has some great photos of the whole machine in detail.

I really wrote this to pass along what I thought was the cleverest of
solutions for wire temperature control using common equipment.
Another club member mentioned that he uses a 50 Amp ESC and a servo
tester :)  That's ingenuity!  Again using the materials at hand in a
new way and sticking to what you are familiar with.

A lot of photos were taken tonight (sadly, I had locked my camera in
the office), so hopefully some of them will surface too.

--
Andrew E. Mileski
Ottawa, Canada

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with MIME turned off.