Neil,
    I think you may be misunderstanding the starting premise of this
"exercise".  The idea was not to create a feedback or computer controlled
situation where the computer controls the tx.
    The idea was to take the numerical and small screen interface of the
Tx's programming screen and "enhance" that to make it easier to understand.
That is a huge advantage.  I use an example from aviation between 2 Garmin
GPS units.  The 430 and 530.  The functionality of the units is identical,
the difference is screen size.  Now, yes the map is bigger, but the main
reason people swap to the larger 530 is to have more information displayed
on one screen.
    I can also give an example from a MPX 4000 that I would love to see.  I
use the 4000 because I am familiar with it, but any higher end tx would
probably benefit as well.  Anyway, on the 4000 you have 2 distinct sets of
parameters.  The servos and the controls.  The servos are set up to be
"limits".  You set the maximum limit that the servo can physically move.
The controls then are linked/mixed into each servo to control it (up to the
limits).  This can be VERY confusing as the setups are on totally different
screens.  Also, since everything is really a mixer, it is also difficult to
see all the relationships between the controls and servos.
    It would be great to have a graphical display of the control and what
servo(s) it controls.  Also displaying the max/min values.  This gets REALLY
confusing when you set up special functions such as the reverse differential
or switch functions.  Seeing it is much easier than trying to imagine it and
flip through the menus.
    I don't think this is for field progrmaming though!  I would use it at
home for basic setup and then go from there.  Field tuning would be done
with the normal functions.

    Now...if it could "expand" on some of the programming...that would be
nice.  I keep hearing of ways to "unlock" certain functionality that
different tx's has (like heli CCPM on older radios) and the like.  I suspect
that they are much more "adaptable" than we are allowed to play with.  That
would be nice....

Jason Werner