I know this forum is sometimes filled with rantings about vendors that do not support their customers.  That's what this post is about.  So, if you don't like this sort of thing I'd hit delete before you go any further.  But, for those of you that want to know before you spend your money about vendors that do not support their customers read on.  First I will print the reply that I received from Balsa Products regarding a purchase of two small electric motors and then I'll fill in the blanks:

"Ed,
No, we are not interested in figuring out your problem.  I cannot provide you that kind of service and stay in business.  It is just not cost effective.
Dave"

Now here's the background.  I purchased two small gear drive motors for a small electric model.  When they arrived I found that they did not fit the gear box that they were purchased for.  The motor drive gear was too large.  I asked Balsa Products to exchange the motors I purchased from them for the right one.  I offered to send them back along with the gear box and the burned out motor at my expense and have the replacements sent to me at my expense.

You decide if this looks like the kind of customer service you would expect to receive.  I've made up my mind.

Ed