Last year I decided to take in a contest in Florida..Iva and I need some
warm weather..I called the CD and ask if skegs were allowed..All he said was
"I think any one who needs a skeg to land needs more practice."  I should
have ask a more blunt question..So being the cooperative person that I try
to be, I cut off a permanently mounted skeg..When I got to the event
"EVERYONE" had a skeg but the C/D and me...
   I like them mostly for flap protection, but I have no problem complying
with the call of the C/D for that event...Brian Smith