I have not bought a deep cycle nattery for many years, so I thought this
would be easy.

I just started looking for one of these, and was amazed to see that some of
the well known big retailers (like WallyMart) have only their own brands
now.  The largest of the 'house brand' batteries do not seem to have that
much capacity, topping out at about 650 CCA. and maybe 150 reserve.  Sears
biggest one is about this same size also.  I called some of the tire outlets
and so far, they all seem to stop at about this size.

We use a huge Trojan for the club winch (850CCA), and it will run us all day
with lots of launches, but I can not locate a dealer from their web site.

What are you guys using for winch batteries for club flying?

Thanks

Jack Harper