And keep in mind that people are dynamic soaring it over 150mph with
nothing but tape on their wings.  Short of doing some sort of manuver that
introduces huge lateral g's, like a discus launch or maybe a snap roll at
100mph, I don't think you have to worry about it.

At 09:03 AM 1/26/03 -0800, Dieter @ ShredAir wrote:

>>Can someone explain a bit about how the wing rod works ?  Has there
>>been any incident of wing panels detaching from model gliders in the
>>air ? I am yet to witness one. I know it works , just don¡¦t
>>understand why .
>
>Unless there is flutter or severe turbulence, flying loads will
>prevent the panels from separating on a well-built and well-fitting
>plane. We still secure with tape for looks and extra peace of mind.
>
>Dieter Mahlein
>http://shredair.com
>
>RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe"
and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
MIME turned off.