In a message dated 2/16/03 :You wrote:

Where I come from it isn't shielded if the shield material is not connected to the circuit. I probably wouldn't get fired up about this but I've seen electrical engineers who thought just because a pair of wires had a metal jacket on them they had done an adequate job of shielding.

Rob,

       Good explanation.  I have run the antennae down carbon tube fuses for years without a problem.  The only carbon related problem I have experienced was on a two meter wing where the bare servo wire came in contact with the carbon reinforcing "dart" used in wing construction.  Fixing the insulation, fixed the problem.

       Perhaps if I could see more than a half mile, I would be concerned about antenna loss in the carbon boom.

Don Richmond