Kirk's test may be kinda rough but I won't agree that it doesn't tell
anything. As a matter of fact, it is in line with the experience
reported by many that installing antennas inside carbon fuselage does
not result in noticeable reduction in range.

Would like to hear some constructive suggestions on how to run a more
reliable test to obtain more conclusive results but pls be practical.
For example, I don't consider it necessary to measure the effect of
carbon on the antenna pattern inside an echoless chamber.

Y C Lui

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Simon Van Leeuwen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi Kirk,
>
> If I understand you correctly you have hooked up a length of wire
to an
> SA I/P and introduced an external signal @ 75.5MHz. I will assume
the
> wire is fed throught the SA's centerfeed (+) terminal, ignoring the
GND