Chris Veitch wrote:

The question that arrises is that with shrink wrapped packs you cannot see a problem with this type of end to end soldering and it is clearly at risk of breaking down due to even mild impacts. What is the solution:-

-would you just solder them back together (tell me how)
-should you use joining tabs or should you use the braided tabs if so how
much care and heat etc should you use.

I'd build my own pack: http://www.logoheli.com/end2end.htm I don't use the fancy hammerhead soldering tip though. I uses an 80W tapered tip (not chisel) and it works fine. The key is to push the cells toghether quickly, and vertically (if horizontal the solder flows down instead of evenly outward).

--
Andrew E. Mileski
Ottawa, Canada