Quoting BRIAN PETTITT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

"...I fitted as separate connector to the battery pack...
The new connect lead is short and stows at the end of the battery box."

"PS: The internal fuse is OK and there's the usual diode on the same PCB."

While it's a great idea to add a separate lead straight onto the end of the
battery pack for really fast charging, the diode is enormous enough that you
can solder a short wire jumper across it without affecting the circuit board
(solder to the diode itself). I've charged the pack on my 3030 at up to 1.4A
through the internals without any problems.

Mind you, I recently switched to a pack of GP3300's, so I'll be charging the
cells directly from now on (that's a LONG charge at 1A).

Cheers,
Adam