> Oscar Taboada wrote:
...here it is so expensive to get Dope...

If you simply cannot afford the dope and you cannot
find a spirit-based alternative then you could try
wall sizing.  This is normally used to prepare plaster
walls for papering.  It shrinks as it dries and it is
crude compared to dope.  I would first try it with
some nylon, rather than with silk, just to make sure
you want to bother with it.  I have used it and it
works, sort of.  Any water-based glue could also be a
candidate.   Really you need dope, tho'.

Jeb.