I just installed a new (to  me) voltage indicator; it consists of a row
of small L.E.D.'s and is little over an inch long.
This one says "Expert" and is marketed by Horizon Hobbies, to your
friendly local dealer.
Simple to use; just plug in to an uinused receiver socket.
It is prettly self explanatory as to how it works.  the only thing is,
it doesn't tell you what the different voltages are when successive
lights begin to illuminate.  I guess I'll have to use my Expanded Scale
Voltmeter for that.
While I realize that using voltage to check remaining capacity is about
like using an oil pressure gauge to determine how much oil is in the
crankcase, still, I hope it's going to be a help.
Anyone else used one?  did it work out O.K.?

Bill Glaze