Hi Bill,

check out the red scrip for answers to your comments............

The area has some good mountains. And you can find a slope in lots of
places. The closest site I can recommend to your area is:
http://www.ncws.com/rcrock/sites.htm Red Rock in Reno is a good slope. Red Rock. north of Reno is about as good as it gets....

Some times you can get to the top of a ski slope, I think this happens at
Heavenly, and slope the ski slopes! Heavenly is overlooking Tahoe, I have friends that work up there and can find a good spot??

But these may be too far from the lakes you mentioned. Regardless, bring
something durable (lots of rocks) for light lift. The mountain winds can be
fairly soft. Naturally, stronger winds do happen but not as often as many think. Washoe lake lake has a couple of good site that can be awesome with the right wind direction. there is another on hwy 89 just east of Caples Lake when the wind is coming up the hill and not from behind?

Exploration is the key. Bill,  How come I haven't received your entry in our first annual thermal duration contest July 19th. and 20th.??? here in Gardnerville Nevada????

Trying a new slope can be great. Pretend you're
Dave Garwood!

LeeCox-Nevada, U.S.A.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Do you Yahoo!?