I drove up to SWSA today to meet John Erickson close to halfway so he could
borrow my Skip Miller Case to ship his planes back east for a trip, and
since I was there, I flew in their club contest.  I'm not a member there,
but they have a great group of friendly guys who welcome guests.  Heck, they
even welcomed Gordy!!!

Their landing task was a normal tape, but with a catch.  If you went too far
and overflew the 100, your score became negative.  Just barely go past and
you would be LOWERING your flight score.

Despite the large number of very high scores, there was only one negative
score on the day. (And it wasn't me.)

One of the novice flyers had a wing failure on his RES plane, so I loaned
him my Oly II.  Although he's relatively new, he can read air very well.
SWSA is cultivating a new generation of competition pilots, so don't say you
haven't been warned when they start cleaning our clocks for us.

BTW; for Outlook, click on <tools < rules wizard to set up your filter.

Wiggle your sticks
David Judson
Riverside, CA