The 9C could always be better......in fact I'd love to be able to completely
reprogram its software with an innner "logical" flight surface layer. But it
seems to work OK.

I think you'll find that if events are happening a bit fast so you find
yourself hitting the wrong switches then I think its less of a radio problem
than a practise problem. The trick to flying is to focus on the plane while
still maintaining an awareness of things around you. If you're thrown off by
the settings being "not quite right" due to, say, having the undercamber
active while trying to land then you should simplify what you're trying to
do until you've got everything down as a reflex. It really shouldn't do
anything except make the plane land short or long, a nuisance in a
competition but not a disaster. (What has the potential for disaster is
having a system that's sufficiently complicated that the pilot's fidding
with switches and sliders rather than flying the plane.)(Exactly the same
rules apply to full-size.)

I fly a 9C and I make mistakes.....like yesterday I was complaining about
the sink at the back side of a thermal only to notice as I clawed my way
upwind that I'd accidentally knocked the flaps to about 40%. I don't think
any changes to the ergonomics of the radio would have made any difference.
What would have helped would have been to run through a mental checklist to
figure this out before I'd got the thing where I could actually see the
flaps (and losing most of my altitude in the process).

I realize that suggesting that maybe the problem is "finger trouble" is
potentially inflammatory so I apologize in advance.

Martin Usher