Sorry for the mistake in step 2.  If have corrected it.

The first thing is to make sure all switches are off away from you (towards
the antenna) and on towards you (away from the antenna).  This is the
factory set for switch A and gives you a standard feel test.  With the
switches set this way, without taking your eyes off the plane and looking at
the trans. you can tell if a switch in off or on by feel.  The only switch
that can't be standardized in this manner is G because it is 3 position.
Once the switches have been set to off away and on towards the landing check
list becomes a simple 2 step operation.

When you make the decision to land:
1.  With your right hand momentarily off the stick check that all switches
on the right side of the trans. are towards you (away from the antenna).

2.  With your left hand momentarily off the stick check that all switches on
the left side of the trans. are towards you (away from the antenna).  If
you are using switch B for a function that you don't want on during landing
then you only have to check A for position.

If you would like my switch assignments or a detailed TD set up I would be
glad to share that also.
Maurice