They make weed whacker line in many thicknesses, some with "edges" instead of
round cross section. Running this inside some plastic Sullivan tube should
prove very slick indeed, with no lubes required. I'm talking for use in HLG's,
not anything bigger. The whacker line with 5 "edges" on it means minimal
contact with the sides of the carrier tube, thus much reduced friction, and while
this line is stiff in the larger gauges, it should not have any trouble
negotiating any bends in your outer nyrod tube. It is also lighter than wire, though
not as stiff as carbon. That can be mitigated somewhat if the outer sheathing
is tacked down along sufficient amounts of it's length, and the unsupported
length is not excessive.  Will it expand and contract in changing weather? I
suppose, some, but who cares? It's not like anybody I know flies the same plane on
the same day over a 50-degree temp change, and if the length changes a
little, you can either dial it out with TX trims or whip out the mini-screwdriver
and adjust the clamp fitting at the servo end.  That's why I always eyeball the
surface travel before I launch.