> I'm working up a minimalist pod and boom 2M and in order to further reduce
> the size of the pod thought I would put the receiver in the wing as the
> wing is rather large and there is plenty of room for the receiver in
> there.  It's a 3-piece wing, though, and the center panel is only 20" so I
> was wondering if it's ok to run the antenna toward one tip then back an
> inch or so and then toward the other tip, repeating the process until the
> antenna length is used up.

I do not know for sure, but I suspect that this is a bad idea. I recently
did some experiments with antenna shape. I have DLG with carbon boom. I
was little bit afraid that carbon tube might reduce the range and decided
to put the antenna into wing. Antenna was coming out from the wing saddle
and was then going to the wingtip, hidden in the slot in front of aileron.
Since the wing was short about half of the antenna was in the fuselage,
so the antenna was shaped like L. What happened is that I lost radio
control and crashed the plane. I started to do range checks and found that
the shape of the antenna affected the reception dramatically. Straight
antenna was best. L shaped antenna had only half of the range. I did not
test this configuration you are planning. Finally I did tests with antenna
running inside tailboom and the with antenna running outside. There was
no difference in range, so I put the antenna into tailboom.

But best way to find out is to make a test. Lay your antenna down as you
planned, connect receiver and servo, ask somebody to help you and measure
the range. Compare with the range with straight antenna.

Arne