From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 4:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [RCSE] Bill's Talking Timer is....
programmable!

Pete Olsen wrote:

The RS Talking timer has been deemed not acceptable at that
event.  The
reason is the timer will not display the actual time flown.
It does not matter
whether or not the timer is programmable, the watch will
not display time flown.
This has been the case for at least two years I know of.
If you use one, you
get a "0" flight score.
<<<<<

Why would say two timing devices not be allowed? Both a RS
type talking timer
and the "official chronographical device" (stopwatch)?
Except for a
wristwatch, I can't think of many watch/timing devices that
can't be started with just
one hand, leaving the other hand free for a timing-person
to do the same with
another one. And once a RS type talking timer is started,
there's no need to
stop it at a precise time if a second watch is being used
for the "official"
time (other than to stop the minor annoyance of the talking
timer alarm going
off for 60 seconds).

Lest anyone say the talking timers are moot too, since RS
stopped carrying
them, they are still available:

http://www.talkingtimer.com/

- George Gassaway
RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send
"subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe and
unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format with
MIME turned off.