Just last week on Monday, I was looking at going to Denver next week for the F3J team selections and my F3J quiver was reduced to broken parts. This is a terrible feeling, I had worked so hard to put some nice models together and practice with for the team selects and they all had been stuffed. I was involved in a launch accident in Dayton that piled in my second ICON Lite in just 3 weeks.

But I am lucky man, I have true friends in our community.

Jim McCarthy fixed things that I didn't think could be fixed, two times around. And built a new ICON in record time for me to use, never failing to continually mention how slow I build. Robin Meek, Capn' Jack and Doug Barry all offered me their ICON's to borrow, and I actually have Robin's and Jack's here. And Don Peters at Maple Leaf Design got me the parts I needed, his models are so modular that I was able to build, piece together and setup these models exactly like my previous models.

These two pictures are very special to me, it's still a blur how I got to having these three models ready to contest in less than a week, a lot of things fell into place that only friends could make happen, but I am ready for F3J in Denver, these models are all setup and ready to rock, here is my quiver (3 different blends of ICON).
http://www.jimbacus.net/soaring/3times.jpg
http://www.jimbacus.net/soaring/3times1.jpg

Thanks to Jim McCarthy again, and Tom Kallevang and Capn' Jack and Robin Meek and everyone that kept my head in the game over the last week. I would have never made it alone.

Jim Downers Grove, IL Member of the Chicago SOAR club, AMA 592537 LSF 7560 Level IV ICQ 6997780 R/C Soaring blog at www.jimbacus.net