Got a couple in my Super-V, ruddervators, have never been happier with performance.

Key phrase here "I know that any brand of servo can fail unexpectedly"

I have used about every servo brand out there, and not one has been flawless. (although some problems have been my own doing.) :-)

IMHO,
My Favorites
Hitec, great price/performance
and