In a message dated 9/22/2003 9:27:53 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Is it possible to tow 3 meter scale gliders into the air by electric
powered planes ? What kind of motors will be required ?

  I have been pondering on the same subject, except I want to tow larger gliders also.
There are numerous tow planes to build (as I would build, not arf) and possibly one of the outrunner motors would be worth looking into.
I do know that Dieter at Shredair has mentioned one of the Lehner motors/Reisenhaur(sp?) systems.
Do you have some real money to spend on a system that works?
I am posting on Ezone , see what feedback I will get,

Eric