At 07:57 AM 10/2/2003, Andrew E. Mileski wrote:
Memphis Net & Twine is where I get mine, as they have the highest
strenght rated line (that I'm aware of).  Twisted White Braided (TWB)
is the stock item you want, and probably #30 rated at 290 lb test.
That's fairly heavy-duty, unless you fly from rocks or brambles, or
have a heavy bird to launch.  The #24 250 lb test is typical 3m line.

I would say the 290 lb is more typical of what I saw over the last two contests seasons. It has nothing to do with rocks or brambles, or heavy models. It has everything to do with STRONG launches the guys are doing these days, and keeping the lines from breaking during a contest.

Jim Downers Grove, IL Member of the Chicago SOAR club, AMA 592537 LSF 7560 Level IV ICQ 6997780 R/C Soaring blog at www.jimbacus.net