I just posted this on the liftzone too:

In a few days, I'm travelling to Germany for two weeks, and I am wondering
about bringing a sailplane, since I'll be near some good flying spots, namely
the Teck.

Besides the sportube shopping and the potentially foul weather, the main issue
would be that my TX / RX is on 72mhz, not on 35/40mhz.

Does anyone here have experience with US equipment in Germany (competition
fliers maybe) ? Do the local fliers tolerate it, and is the 72mhz spectrum
clean there ?

Maybe there are residents of Germany on the list, who have experiences with
American visitors to report.

Of course I could go get a 40mhz HF module & RX when I'm there, but I'd rather
spend that money on planes.

Thanks,
Knut