Here are some from the archives. In the interest of discretion, authors
are not named.

If you feel that the "purity" of the sport is ruined by technology then
you need to go back to your cave and glue sticks together with glue
that you made yourself from a horse that you butchered...
*******************
...let me suggest that the messages in the F3J discussion be printed
out in hard copy, piled in a big hill somewhere at the Muncie AMA site,
and covered with a layer of dirt, so that we can have slope soaring
competition at the NATS.
*******************
Mr. Biswas remained...doodling and thinking...and soon the paper was
covered with repetitions, in various styles, of the letters RES, a
combination he found challenging and beautiful...
*******************
No matter where the zoom is initiated from, for quickest acceleration,
point the nose directly at the turnaround...
*******************
A ten foot span wing with a ramin spar can be capable of taking a
tension of about 150 pounds on the winch line without breaking. Such a
spar would use 1/4x3/4 ramin for the top spar cap at the wing root and
1/8x3/4 ramin for the bottom spar cap at the root.
*******************
DP was the best pilot at the contest, which was reflected in the
scores.  He is an otherworldly pilot in speed, without peer.
*******************
One can pay for a myriad of aerodynamic sins with an extra 50 ft of
launch altitude.
*******************
They contain slick IC-based digital electronics, lithium batteries,
carbon fiber, fiberglass, aramid, teflon, nylon, laser-cut and
machine-shaped balsa, and a lot of computer hours that probably got
charged to some project that was not identified as model-airplane
related. Not surprisingly, they are expensive.
*******************
Hey, look at that, Bozo, That's the way ya do it, flying gliders in the
F3B
That ain't workin', That's the way ya do it,
You get your moldies for nuthin' and your kits for free.

(chorus)
We get to install Multiplex servos, custom molded by CNC,
We've got to hinge these ruddervators, Get our shots to go to Turkeee.

And what's that? Hollow molded noises?
Screamin' through the speed run, from base A to B.
Oh, that ain't workin' that's the way ya do it
You get your moldies for nuthin' and your kits for free.

I want my
I want my
I want my F3B
AND FINALLY.....

With the first shot the arrow went through the bottom of the fuselage
and up through the wing. Gave it a yank and it all came crashing down.
I still have the Windrifter with the arrow in it. It seemed like a
better idea to keep it as is than fly it again.