From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:
Saturday, November 15, 2003 8:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Source for sheet lead?

In a message dated 11/15/2003 9:09:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I wonder if lead sheeting is used in areas where X-ray operators duck behind
a screen or barrier.

Yep.  A friend's dentist did a new installation and friend was able to salvage a sizable chunk of  ~1/16" thick sheet lead which he was kind enough to share.  Also a boxful of ~ 1"x2" pieces of lead foil which are part of those cardboard encased pieces of  x-ray film with the bite tab they tell you to chomp on when they stick them in your mouth.  This stuff mashes into odd-shaped spaces very nicely.  Dentists typically save the lead foil for recycling (since it shouldn't be put in the regular trash).  Would your dentist give it to you instead? - You can ask!  Good Lift!