Hope everyone in the Midwest got a chance to get out yesterday, it was a
great day for that slope trash....

Got a call from the Columbus group, come on out to Egypt, bring the best of
your worst.  I was able to do some last minute negotiations with the
Christmas decorations committee, and 2 hours later I was on a Dam in Newark,
OH.  Nerk, for you locals.

About 7 fliers out, 30 planes, winds from 10 to 30 mph, and it was not
actually fairly warm - and very sunny, slope faces directly west.  Zagis,
Gulps, a space shuttle that would fit in a shoe box, and a beautifully
preserved Freedom.

Started out with my known planes - a Zagi that I chopped down to 40 inches,
was a little light for conditions, but still fun.  Had just dialed the
throws down, but still would oscillate pretty severely - a handful.

Got a chance to put some time on my M60, from Northcountflyingmachines, and
it's a blast - clean enough to be very fast, enough wing area to get some
serious altitude.  Had considered selling it, am now holding on to it like
grim death.

Also got my Bluto out, the 56 version - I can't type it, but I'm making the
"Home Improvements" ape sound - youch.  It needed the heavier winds, but
once it got on step, it was a monster.  If you've not had the chance to fly
one, try it.  It's 38oz unballasted, and it was fast and smooth.    I do
feel bad - hit a Gulp (?) and did some damage to that - sorry!

Thanks to you all for getting me out - a great bunch of guys!

Brent