My problem is finding a place on my Winch Doc Winch to mount one of these switches.

John Erickson wrote:

Gents,

Thanks for all the help with the master disconnect switch.  The summary is
that the switch needs to be rated (at least intermittently) to 1,000 amps.

Another good source is Pollak Engineering.  There web site is
http://www.pollakaftermarket.com  Part number 51-315 looks just about right.
They also have keyed versions available.

All this research comes back to our club winch trailer.  We were initially
thinking about a bus system for our winch and retriever, 4 batteries in
parallel with disconnects at each battery so any combo of batteries could be
used at one time.  In this scenario we would have adjacent charging
terminals so the equipment operator just rolls the trailer into the garage,
flips the switch on to the battery that needs charging and hooks up the
charger.

We were going to separate the positive and negative bus by the plywood deck
and have everything insulated but it looks just too dangerous with that much
stored power.  We are now going back to a scaled down version with
individually switched batteries.  We'll still have 4 on the trailer so we
shouldn't ever need a field charge after a long session of flying.

I'm looking for the simplest, cleanest wiring solution that doesn't involve
changing any terminal connect on the batteries (they're in cases), and
provides for simple, accessible charging. Any and all suggestions are
welcome!

JE
--
Erickson Architects