I hope you're comparing the BSC (Believers in Santa Claus) to the BGH
(Believers in Gustave Whitehead), and not the BDE (Believers in Documented
Evidence).  For my part, I'd much rather put my belief in the well
documented than the poorly documented or undocumented.  That doesn't mean
that if it isn't documented, it never happened. (Heck, the vast majority of
everyday events goes undocumented.)  It's just that if I'm asked to evaluate
2 possibile histories, I'm much more inclined to believe the well documented
over the poorly documented.

Don

Rick Eckel wrote:
>Some folks still believe in Santa Claus too.

>At 06:56 PM 12/18/2003, George Gillburg wrote:
>>If you can't document it, it never happened, or so some believe.

---