Kevin, the numbers shown do paint a pretty picture of some really heavy duty servos.  However, I’d guess the energy consumption would be the limiting factor.  You’d need a gel cell battery to power the thing.  For a sailplane, unless your planning on speeds in the 200mph range, I don’t think you’d need servos with this kind of power.  Also, at 6+ ounces each, they are quite heavy.

We’ve got guys DSing in the low to mid 200mph with servos that are much lower in torque than 333in/oz.  I’d say it’s severe overkill.  gv

-----Original Message-----
From: KEVIN KAVANEY [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 6:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [RCSE] GWS servos??

Han anyone ever used the huge GWS servos, such as  S666N2BBMG??

the web page says     333oz torque at  4.8 volts, but still rather fast turning??

I have plans of large wingeron airplane and this much torque is very attractive??

Any experience with anything like this??

kevin

KEVIN KAVANEY

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.