While out flying last week I started experiencing radio problems.
Wiht my two channel hand launch while flying smoothly, it would
suddenly yaw to the right.  I could correct it by adding some left
stick.  After three or four of these mild glitches I came home and
narrowed it down to the transmitter. While inspecting the wiring I
found the smallest little crack in the vinyl on one of the wires to
the aileron pot. These wires are glued down and right at the end of
the glue was my broken lead. I trimmed and re-attached the original
lead but that cost me last years TD plane, 40 feet up on final it
spiralled in to the right with a completely severed wire.  Then I
fixed my transmitter correctly replacing the wire entirely and I have
had no further problem.
  I just wanted to warn you guys that the wiring inside your radio is
not completely without stress.  I have had this radio for two years
and fly 2 to 3 times a week.
Happy New Year!
Thermals.  Steve