--- Bob Pope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Or look at it this way, 20 people in the contest, it took 19 people to
> beat you:)
> BP

Do not misunderstand ... I had a great time! I am sort of pumped to have
swallowed my 'trepidation' and flown the 2ch plane. No one laughed! The guys
in the clubs I belong to (SWSA and HSS) really encourage newbies like me to
just fly and let the balsa fall where it may. I am not at all worried.
Someday I'll be mediocre instead of terrible. Then, someday I'll be almost
good. It a hobby...

I only flew my first R/C plane in 25 years, a GWS Slow Stick, in August of
last year. I am still technically 'dumb thumbed'. I am looking _forward_ to
the next contest, and the next one at the Harbor Soaring Society as well. I
seem to fly better at their site (or maybe it just at any non-contest! LOL!).
It's just weird/funny... I had one flight today that exceed all three contest
flights last week... but it was not a contest... go figure???

Like the previous guy said, we in SoCal are lucky.
Best wishes,

=====