Forums are typically divided by topic. For instance, RCU etc, have topic (threads) for aircraft, boats, etc, and topics within topics aircraft/sailplanes, airplanes/gas, airplanes/quarter scale, etc. It's like Windows and all those damn directories you must traverse to get to what you want to see. I get enough of THIS stuff just working.

RCSE on the other hand is what you might call a niche topic whose main thrust covers thermal duration machines and, more recently, electric soaring machines. Of course there are certainly sub-categories within TD, but do we really need to get SO specialized that we need separate areas for batteries, programming JRs, foamie combat, etc? Obviously not.

We who are not "into" these special sub-areas put up with posts on these subjects (anyway) for the sake of "free speech" , and rightly so. We are also free to openly argue, which is the right of all. Sure, when anyone can state an opinion, (no matter how stupid) we just take it with a grain of salt. We do put up with a lot of nonsense, stupid questions, and Gordy, all in the same place. Imagine if you couldn't flame Sol, Etiene, Gordy or Karlton, ...whomever: Bummer, huh?

In short, RCSE is what MOST of us are comfortable with. If you really want to get into a forum, there are several around. Join, start a thread and knock yourself out! But the digest version of RCSE certainly serves MY needs as I can pick and choose and then skip over if necessary without the penalty (in my opinion) of the imposition of a formal structure.

There's just to much structure in the world already. So, MY vote is to leave RCSE the hell alone! I'm with you Michael! Keep the Good Thing going!

D.O.