> >My home club is considering doing a club purchase of models to form
> a one-
> >design class for the upcoming season (hard to think about that when
> it's
> >-31C/-
> >40C windchill, but anyway). We need some suggestions regarding good
> ARF
> >models.....

Our club (Mississippi Valley Soaring Association) did this a couple of
years ago. We decided on the Great Planes Spirit 2M ARF. You can get
negative comments about these planes from RCSE participants, but our
experience was excellent. None of them broke on the winch, and all of
the planes from that season are still flying. It's a plane that a new
flyer can learn to thermal and an expert can use to get impressive
results. A pretty darn good plane for 99 bux.